Saturday, December 02, 2006

Welcome to Bangkok...


85 degrees, 85% humidity.

I just walked down to a few malls near my hotel and over to Lumpini Park (see attached picture) and couldn't believe how much I could sweat. Nice people, friendly, helpful, and always smiling. The cynic in me always worry that someone just wants my money but this was not like India. Some people just wanted to speak english.

I had real thai food last night. Tom Yung Kun and Pad Thai at a little restaurant on Soi Lang Suan. I asked for it 'mai pet' (not spicy) and still had my nose running and sweat poring down my face. It was hot but not in a hot sauce kind of way. My mouth was never on fire but my body thought it was. In other words it was incredible. The soup and noodles were the best thai food I have ever had. Stands to reason since it was my first meal in its native land.

Tuesday is the King's 72nd Birthday, i hope to have a bunch on that afterwards.

More Later- got to go find something else to eat here...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home